The KBW Body Corporate Management team offers excellent client service and we strive to keep abreast of developments and ahead of industry change.
Our Body Corporate Management services encompass the following responsibilities for our clients:
Body Corporate Management
- Preparation and distribution of:
- The issuing of all Notices required under the Body Corporate & Community Management Act 1997
- Maintenance of the Roll
- Issuance of all Certificates including those relating to Sections 205 and 206 of the Body Corporate & Community Management Act 1997 as required
- Attending to all correspondence
- Calling for nominations of candidates for election of Secretary Treasurer, Chairman and Ordinary Members of the Committee each year
- Convening of General and Committee meetings
- Keeping of the Books and Records of the Body Corporate
- Keeping of the Common Seal
- Maintenance of the Assets Register
- Maintenance of other Registers as required by the Body Corporate & Community Management Act 1997
- Issuance of Levy and Maintenance Notices
- Payment of accounts
- Banking of monies received, Bank reconciliations
- Preparation of all necessary Certificates including Sections 205 and 206 of the Body Corporate & Community Management Act 1997
- Keeping of Books of Accounts and Statements of Accounts referred to in the Act
- Preparation of Financial Statements each year and obtaining Audit Certificates if required
- Arranging insurances and insurance claims if required
We will arrange Body Corporate insurance as required and receive a commission for this service. It is on the basis of receiving this commission that our Secretarial and Treasurer’s Fees are calculated.
Repairs & Maintenance
KBW Community Management can organise and coordinate repairs and maintenance work by approved suppliers for owners if required.
A charge does apply for this extra service, please for more information.
Our services can include:
- On site attendance
- Project management including supervision, preparation of specifications, scope of works and document management, by percentage of value of works as agreed with the Committee or its representative.
Recovery of Levies in Arrears
KBW Community Management can assist with correspondence, collection of information, preparation and issuing of instructions, supervision and follow up with Solicitors if required. A fee does apply for such work and is charged as one half of any forfeited discount or penalty received, or may be otherwise remunerated at the hourly rate as per our agreement with owners.
Reliable Reporting and Financial Management
Our team uses Stratamax software to deliver excellent reporting and financial information on request.
Our company works in conjunction with the software system’s developers to upgrade the system as needed to enable automation of Community Management procedures, including maintenance, accounting practices and on-line facilities.
To contact our professional team
KBW Community Management’s Development division was expanded in 2007 to focus on the growing demand for development support.
The KBW development division consists of –
- Paul Jorgensen
- Michelle Williamson
Both Paul and Michelle regularly attend industry seminars to keep up to date with the industry and new legislation and regulations pertaining to body corporate management. The KBW development team are active members of both UDIA and CTIQ.
Our team work across a number of projects including residential, commercial/industrial, staged/layered and resorts.
Our services can include:
- Prepare a draft administration, sinking fund and insurance budget
- Organise Insurance Valuations
- Organise Sinking Fund Forecasts
- Obtain insurance quotes for inclusion in budgets
- Calculate schedules of contribution and interest entitlements in consultation with the developer
- Prepare schedule of contributions for each lot for the administrative, sinking fund and insurance fund
- Prepare Draft By-Laws
- Prepare the Community Management Statement (CMS) in readiness for lodgement in the Titles Office
- Set up the books and records for the Body Corporate upon registration
- Attend to the first General Meeting of the Body Corporate with the original owner following registration of the Community Management Statement. Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements and address any special needs of the developer
- Prepare all necessary minutes, consents, undertakings, roll and registers upon registration
- Lodge applications for Tax File Number, ABN
- Establish a Body Corporate bank account
To contact our development team please