Frequently Asked Questions
Ask our team for more information.
Q: What is the role of a body corporate?
A: A body corporate is a legal entity created when land is subdivided and registered under the Land Title Act 1994 to establish a community titles scheme. The scheme can be a duplex, a residential unit block, a high rise accommodation building, a shopping complex or a business park.
The body corporate:
- has a general responsibility to maintain, manage and control the common property for the benefit of the owners
- determines the contributions payable by owners to fund the operation of the body corporate
- must have public risk insurance over the common property to provide coverage for compensation for death, illness or injury and damage to property to at least $10 million for a single event
The body corporate can establish rules that relate to the:
- management and control of common property and body corporate assets
- use and enjoyment of lots, common property and assets (these rules must be in the form of by-laws which can be enforced by the body corporate)
- must keep records including minutes of general and committee meetings, a roll of owners, financial accounts and registers of assets, engagements and authorisations.
The body corporate makes decisions about these and other matters either at a general meeting or through a representative committee.
A KBW body corporate manager can assist with the necessary areas of expertise to carry out its duties.
Q: The role of the body corporate manager?
A: If you require expert advice and assistance with communication between your Committee and Body Corporate Manager, financial management and reporting, minute keeping, or advice about industry change and legislative impacts, insurance and maintenance, our team is highly experienced and offers excellent professional service to assist you in all aspects of managing community developments and smaller to medium sized buildings in Queensland communities.
Q: What services does KBW Community Management offer?
A: Our services include all aspects of Body Corporate Management, including Secretarial and Treasurer’s duties, arranging insurance, maintenance and repairs, recovery of levies in arrears, reporting and financial management, project management expertise, and professional advice as needed.
Q: Where are your offices located?
A: KBW Community Management provides professional services for clients in Queensland, particularly at the Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Brisbane and Hervey Bay, and as far afield as Roma and Blackwater. to discuss your needs.
Q: What kinds of fees and charges do you apply?
A: We have a clear schedule of fees for a range of services and can provide you with a specific quotation based on your needs. for a prompt and personalised response to your enquiry.
Q: Can you assist developers?
A: We have a dedicated division for development and our team has considerable experience in the development industry. We would be pleased to discuss your project’s needs with you.